Sacred Heart STEM School (SHSS), originally known as St. Francis Xavier School, opened in 1916 with eight classrooms on Cummins Highway across from Sacred Heart Church. The Sisters of Charity of Convent Station, who originally staffed the school, educated the children of parishioners, many of whom were children of Italian and Irish immigrants. The Sisters of Charity remained until June of 1933. In September, 1933, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston began the mission of educating the children of the Parish and remained until June of 2008. In 1954 the present site of the school was purchased and a new school was opened named Sacred Heart School. To develop the God given talents of our scholars, we live by the following values; DREAM BIG! D=determination, R=respect, E=excellence, A=accountability, M=mastery, BIG=belief in God. SHS continues to service a large multicultural population comprised of Haitian, Hispanic, African, Asian, and Caucasians, many of whom are first generation Americans. We provide a sound curriculum relevant to today’s scholars who live in a technological society. The development of each scholar intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, and physically is of prime importance. Our program provides a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW), Mandarin through Rosetta Stone for grades three through eight and Latin for grades five through eight, as well as art and music. Our Catholic identity continues to influence our program and practices. At SHSS, we all DREAM BIG!